Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Missouri is Seeking Male Mentors
Courtesy of Big Brothers Big Sisters staff
Think of a special person in your life, someone that you’d consider a mentor.
How did this person help shape you into the individual that you are today? How do you feel when you think about this person? Would you be where you are today with that person?
Throughout life we can all benefit from great mentors. At Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Missouri, we believe that every child deserves a chance to see their potential realized.
We seek to change the lives of children facing adversity between 5 and 18 years of age that live in Boone, Audrain and Randolph counties.
By matching adult mentors, one-to-one, with children in our communities, we defend that potential and help change lives and futures today, and forever.
Here are some statistics:
- 90% of our littles receive free and reduced lunch
- 67% live in a single parent household (61% of those are in a single parent female headed household)
- 78% of our families report making less than $35,000 as a household
- Mentoring has a big impact on our Littles’ success. Our research shows that:
- 90% of our Littles said that they were very sure they would finish high school;
- 86% said they were very sure they would go on to college;
- 86% stated they were very sure they would graduate college!
- There are over 100 Littles waiting for a Big:
- Almost 70% of those are male, and
- 70% of those are Littles of color
Our need is great. You can become a BIG. Our network of volunteers, donors and supporters come from all walks of life, all backgrounds, all corners of the country. These partnerships help hold us accountable to each child in our program to achieve:
- Higher aspirations, greater confidence, better relationships
- Avoidance of risky behaviors
- Educational success
Please contact us to learn more. You can change a life, for the better, forever.